The latest video from Low2NoBev, hosted by Daniel Woolfson (The Grocer, food & drink Editor) talks to our expert panel on their upcoming challenges and opportunities in 2022 with a focus on:
- Dry January 2022: as the low & no sector heads into its peak month, what are predictions for the coming year? Are retailers and on-trade operators taking different approaches/ramping up their ranges more so this time around? Is Omicron being factored into planning?
- The on-trade: what challenges will be faced to expanding in supermarkets and off-trade retail. How big is the opportunity for draught low & no? How many alcohol-free fonts are pubs realistically going to have? Is draught 0% a better proposition for drinkers than bottles kept in fridges behind the bar? What about restaurants as well as pubs?
- Challenges and opportunities in retail: how are ranges evolving in the supermarkets and convenience? How are retailers treating the category? What kind of promotional activity works best over Dry January?
- What does the year to come hold? What kind of market share can we expect low and no to gain?
- Andy Wingate, On Trade Category Controller, Heineken
- Gareth Ritchie, Off Trade Category Controller, Heineken
- Ed Turner, Former MD, Geronimo Inns and Owner, Buff & Bear LTD