Get to know Rupert Gatehouse, Sales & Marketing Manager at Botivo Drinks...
- Who are you? Where are you from? And what do you do?
My name is Rupert Gatehouse. I was born and raised in London. I am the Sales & Marketing Manager for Botivo Drinks.
- What was your first job?
My first job was as a bartender at a London pub. Little did I know, this would be the start of my career in the drinks industry!
- What is the most rewarding part of your job?
The most rewarding part of my job is travelling around London to meet with some of the best independent restaurants the capital has to offer. It is very inspiring to see so many of them treat food and drink with such care and craftsmanship.
- Who has been your biggest influence to get you to where you are today?
I'd get in trouble if I didn't say my parents! My mum always has great insights into how people behave in business and my dad has a very impressive palette, so if he says a drink is good, then it's more than likely good
- What is your favourite food and drink pairing?
For me nothing beats a classic pizza and crisp lager!
- What are the most important considerations when crafting your drink?
Botivo is made using the best produce we could find. For us, using real ingredients means that our flavour is totally authentic. The most important considerations.... quality ingredients!
- What is your favourite bar?
Hell or High Water on Kingsland Road.
- What is your motto in life?
Be nice to everyone.
- Which celebrity would you most like to work with and why?
I would most like to work with Ryan Gosling. Drive is my favourite film and he says 1000 words with just a stare.
- When are you happiest?
I am happiest when I am on the way to doing something that I have never done before.
- If you were stranded on a dessert island and could have an infinite supply of three drinks; one is water, one is your own brand, what would your third be?
Being stranded on a desert island would be tough. I would have water during the day. Our non-alcoholic aperitif Botivo during the evening. Then that leaves the morning slot for a pot of premium coffee, which would help me go about my daily desert island chores.