Get to know Bo Sten Hansen, Co-Founder & Managing Director of Copenhagen Sparkling Tea Co...
- Who are you? Where are you from? And what do you do?
My name is Bo Sten Hansen and I am the Co-founder of Copenhagen Sparkling Tea Co.
- What was your first job?
My first job after graduating from university was as a consultant in Deloitte Consulting.
- What is the most rewarding part of your job?
Sparkling Tea is a brand new beverage category and to be able to build that across the whole world is absolutely fantastic and a “once in a lifetime” opportunity.
- Who has been your biggest influence to get you to where you are today?
Tough one. I have worked with a lot of great people in my previous jobs and they have all contributed to who I am Today.
- What is your favourite food and drink pairing?
That would have to be Sushi paired with our Sparkling Tea GRØN 5%. It is difficult to pair drinks with sushi, but this match is spot on.
- What are the most important considerations when crafting your drink?
Never compromise on the quality of ingredients (organic obviously) and make sure you treat them with respect.
- What is your favourite bar?
That would have to be the NIMB Bar. NIMB is a 5* boutique hotel located in Copenhagen and Sparkling Tea was invented in the restaurant at the hotel.
- What is your motto in life?
Sundar Pichai (CEO of Google) said it: “Failure is a sign that you’re working and ambitious on a goal. If you don’t fail that means you ain’t doing anything in your life. Failure is a good thing”.
- Which celebrity would you most like to work with and why?
I am a huge football supporter and I would love to work with my childhood idol Michael Laudrup.
- When are you happiest?
When I succeed in balancing the time between my beloved family and the Sparkling Tea family.
- If you were stranded on a dessert island and could have an infinite supply of three drinks; one is water, one is your own brand, what would your third be?
That would be nicely chilled IPA.