- over 60 low and no alcohol drinks to try, including all your favourite cocktails with Lyre’s Non-Alcoholic Spirits
- free cocktail masterclasses, beer tastings and drink talks with the country’s top experts including Camille from La Maison Wellness and The Hox Southwark
- inspirational talks and panels on the Motivation Stage by influencers and experts on changing drinking habits and living healthier lifestyles.
The free to attend festival is supported by Lyre’s Non-Alcoholic Spirits, Old Mout Cider, UpFlow Brewing Collective and Lindeman’s Wines. The two-day event will give anyone looking for great new drinks the opportunity to taste the best in this growing low and no market, including craft beers, wines, spirits, lower-sugar sodas, tonics and infusions.
Club Soda is the UK’s Mindful Drinking Movement. Their first book ‘How to Be a Mindful Drinker’ is published on 26th December by DK Books. They support individuals to rethink their drinking habits, have built an online drinks and venues guide (clubsodaguide.com) featuring the best pubs and bars for mindful drinkers, and curate the best alcohol-free drinks at the Mindful Drinking Festivals.
The boom in low and no alcohol drinks has been fuelled by the 8.6 million people who will be cutting down their drinking next year . Not happy to put-up with a compromise drink when at home or going out, mindful drinkers of all kinds are reaching for the new wave of alcohol-free beers, spirits, wines and craft sodas. Last year the sale of low and no beer, wine and spirits grew by £22.4m .
Club Soda founder Laura Willoughby MBE, said: “After overdoing it at Christmas and New Year, the festival is a great place to discover a new favourite tipple, whether you are on a January health-kick, looking for new flavours or trying for a baby in 2020.
You don’t have to be doing a dry January to come along, you may just want to swap out a few alcoholic drinks for something a bit healthier. So, whether you’re going sugar-free, on a fitness regime, drinking more mindfully, or going alcohol-free, we think you will find something to hit the spot.”
Mark Livings, CEO of Lyre’s Non-Alcoholic Spirits, said: “The Mindful Drinking Festival is one of the most popular cultural events of the season for no and low products and we are delighted to be the lead sponsor. We’ll be showcasing our newly launched range of impossibly crafted non-alcoholic Lyre’s spirits, which all look, taste and sashay around the palate just like the originals we pay homage to. So come and experience the true freedom of enjoying your favourite cocktails and tipples without the worry of the morning after. Join in with our cocktail masterclasses, demos and a visit to the Lyre’s bar.”
Ben Blake, Head of Marketing at Treasury Wine Estates, said: “We are delighted to once again support the Mindful Drinking Festival with Lindeman’s Alcohol Free. This is our second year and it is exactly the place Lindeman’s Alcohol Free needs to be. The Festival is an important platform for this vital sector and Lindeman’s Alcohol Free leads the way in low and no alcohol wine. We continue to be impressed by what Laura and the Club Soda team are doing, which is why we have worked so closely with them and their Mindful Drinking movement.”
Julian Sanders who developed his new alcohol-free beer, UpFlow, after falling in love with German wheat beers when flying across Europe in his self-made plane, said: “Because I like to be at 100% for 100% of the time, I wanted UpFlow so that I can combine my love of technology, running businesses, flying planes, sailing boats, snowboarding and drinking delicious, interesting beer simultaneously!”
The Mindful Drinking Festival takes place on Saturday 18th January from 11am to 6pm and Sunday 19th January from 10am to 5pm at The Old Truman Brewery, Brick Lane, London, E1 6QR.
- ‘Drinking behaviour and moderation among UK adults – Findings from Drinkaware Monitor 2018’ YouGov and then using UK-wide population data from ‘Monitoring and Evaluating Scotland’s Alcohol Strategy: Monitoring Report 2017’ NHS Health Scotland.
- Page 5 of Drink Retailing News 2019 Mindful Drinking supplement.
- A full press pack with everything you need for background, photos, facts and figures can be found here: https://mindfuldrinkingfestival.com/press. Photos can be found here and are free to use.
- Club Soda is a mindful drinking movement that helps people change their drinking, whether they want to do a sober sprint, drink more mindfully, or go alcohol-free. Visit joinclubsoda.com – we are available for quotes, case studies, information and advice for your articles all year round.
- Lyre’s Non-Alcoholic Spirits is a range of alcohol-free spirits consisting of 13 different spirits and liqueurs, with more in the pipeline. Many years in the making, Lyre’s exquisite range of lovingly crafted alcohol-free, classic spirits was borne from a quest to make the impossible possible.There’s everything from the usual spirit categories like gin, rum and bourbon, to dry and rosso vermouths, through to liqueurs like amaretti , triple sec and even an absinthe.
- Other sponsors are UpFlow Brewing Collective, Old Mout and Lindeman’s alcohol-free wine.
- La Maison Wellness: Camille Vidal is a wellness advocate, yoga teacher, drinks & cocktail expert and the founder of La Maison Wellness, the home of the healthy hedonist and an online inspiration for Living Well. www.lamaisonwellness.com/