Get to know Stewart Howard, Sales & Marketing Director, Ambijus...
- Who are you? Where are you from? And what do you do?
My name is Stewart Howard, ‘The North’, Ambijus Sales & Marketing Director.
- What was your first job?
I was a ‘Barista’ at a local garden centre in my hometown, I’m using the word 'Barista' lightly here, I was more of a glorified button presser. .
- What is the most rewarding part of your job?
Meeting new people & learning new skills, the No & Low category is a great place to be right now.
- Who has been your biggest influence to get you to where you are today?
Has to be Ben Branson, Founder of Seedlip. I had the pleasure of working alongside him for five years during my time at Seedlip/Aecorn.
- What is your favourite food and drink pairing?
A dry cider & a cheese board, has to be! The perfect balance.
- What are the most important considerations when crafting your drink?
Ingredients & provenance. Working with real ingredients gives us depth of flavour & aroma. Our inspiration comes from the Nordic landscape, boreal forests to unspoilt fjords and everything in-between. We work with ingredients native to Norway and extract their flavours and aromas using various techniques including fermentation, maceration & distillation.
- What is your favourite bar?
Lyan-ess, great drinks, even better people!
- What is your motto in life?
Tough one, recently I've tried to become better at the age old - “It’s better to ask for forgiveness then for permission” so far it’s worked well.
- Which celebrity would you most like to work with and why?
Sir David Attenborough, there wouldn’t be a day that goes by when you wouldn’t learn something new about the natural world.
- When are you happiest?
When I’m out on my bike, I do a lot of road cycling now that I've escaped to the countryside.
- If you were stranded on a dessert island and could have an infinite supply of three drinks; one is water, one is your own brand, what would your third be?